Accessible Timeline

The front of the Civil Engineering and Gymnasium Building (pictured) included space...

A new dairy building, replacing the outdated facility in the College Barn, was...

Extra space was added to the Library Building for offices and classrooms with an...

A brick walk system was constructed that connected all permanent buildings on campus...

Room and board in the homes of Stillwater families cost $2.25 - $3 per week. There...

In 1902, the "farmers and blacksmiths" from the small college on the prairie in Payne...

Whether pulling a wagon or a plow, early agriculture was structured around the horse,...

The first all-college football team took the field in the fall of 1901. Although it...

Women were the first to play basketball on campus, which was one of the most popular...

A Young Men's Christian Association was formed on campus in 1900, followed quickly by...

Track became the first organized sport on campus and won the first trophy a couple of...

The spires and turrets of the stately new Library Building added an almost fairytale...

By the turn of the twentieth century, the campus was beginning to take shape. The...

President Angelo Scott was instrumental in establishing the College Paper as the...

OSU's colors were the first chosen in the late 1890's.The selection of orange and...

Angelo C. Scott, the first classroom teacher of journalism at the Oklahoma A & M...

Engineering courses were offered for the first time, and a contract was approved for...

Georgina M. Holt became the first business teacher at the college in 1898, teaching...

Oklahoma A&M College initiated a series of short courses to offer specialized...

The class of 1897 won distinction for not only being the smallest class ever to...

With no dorms, students lived in town, so a boardwalk was constructed to connect Old...

As early as 1896, Dr. Lowery Lamon (L. L.) Lewis, who had recently been appointed...

The citizens of Stillwater packed the assembly hall of the College Building (Old...

George E. Morrow was a leader and ardent promoter of agriculture, who was known for...

When the college moved into its first permanent building in 1894, only a major in...

Students and faculty formed the College Club, an interdisciplinary educational forum...

The fourth academic year at Oklahoma A&M College, began in September with 144...

The first student publication actually set in type, The Oklahoma A&M College...

Edmund D. Murdaugh, the third president for the college, managed to establish the...

The first permanent structure on campus, the College Building or (Old) Central...

Though he was only president of the college for four months, Henry E. Alvord, managed...

Many Oklahoma A&M College students joined 100,000 homesteaders for the land run on...

Theta Pond (pictured) was called the Horse Pond or College Pond at the turn of the...

While many of the students in this 1893-94 senior preparatory class looked quite young...

Due to a provision of the Morrill Act, beginning in 1893 all students were required to...

The Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College became the official name of the...