Accessible Timeline

The Afro-American Society, now known as the African American Student Association, was...

President Robert Kamm turned on the floodlights to illuminate the library tower for...

Although it had grown slowly but steadily in the level of private support provided to...

Educational Television Services became the forerunner of a pacesetting...

Governor Dewey Bartlett appointed Herman E. Duncan to the Board of Regents for...

In the spring of 1967 a crowd gathered on the library lawn to protest some...

Athletic fundraising, which started with the OSU Educational Foundation in 1959, is...

Lela O'Toole, home economics dean, was named by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson as...

Dr. Robert B. Kamm, OSU’s former dean of Arts and Sciences, was chosen to serve as the...

Willham Hall opened in 1966. Considered a state-of-the-art facility at the time, the...

With leadership from Dean Melvin Lohmann (pictured), the College of Engineering,...

A style show (pictured) was among the first activities organized to celebrate Mom’s...

Through their research at the Pawhuska Station, Drs. William Brock and Charles Pearson...

Ground was broken to start construction on a new building for the College of Business...

Henry P. Iba was named the coach of the USA Olympic basketball team for the Summer...

The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education designated the Division of Home...

With the addition of Wentz Hall in 1964, the cluster of buildings on the southwest...

Winning the U.S. National Golf Championship at the Wichita Country Club culminated a...

Wayne W. Miller became the second director of Oklahoma State University School of...

The OSU Interfraternity Council, the governing body of the fraternities, won the...

What is now known as the Willham House, at 1600 N. Washington St., was first used as a...

Organized by the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association (...

The Oklahoma State University Development Foundation is officially created on January...

Oklahoma State University entered into an agreement with Oklahoma City University in...

Drs. Edward A. and Mary M. Grula, bacteriology professors at OSU, announced they had...

Kappa Kappa Psi, the national band fraternity for men, was founded at Oklahoma A&M...

The eleventh annual convention of the American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS...

Dr. E. Winn Jones delivers pigs by cesarean section under strict aseptic conditions....

In his third trip to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska, coach Toby Greene...

Only two other FM stations were on the air in Oklahoma on December 29, 1955, when KAMC...

By 1959, most of the World War II era hutments were removed from Veterans Village and...

The Shadow Lake Eight, a legendary dance band established at OSU, was a big hit at...

The new Chemistry-Physics Building, soon renamed the Physical Sciences Building, was...

President Oliver Willham put together a committee in 1958 to explore the possibilities...

Charley Lester appeared as the first Pistol Pete in the annual homecoming events of...

Former Oklahoma A&M great Myron Roderick took over the reigns in 1957 and returned...