Accessible Timeline

Ab Justice became OSU’s first official All-American golfer in 1958, his senior year. A...

In 1958, the College of Business began offering its first doctorate in economics and...

Science Hall, also known as the Chemistry Building, became the first home of the newly...

The Bennett Memorial Chapel was dedicated on December 14, 1957 to honor Oklahoma A...

Frank B. ""Pistol Pete"" Eaton rode in the October 1957 homecoming parade to spur...

Robert L. "Bob" McCulloh (pictured) was chosen the winner in a 1957 contest to compose...

OSU geography professor Robert Fite developed an experimental mobile chemistry project...

Former U.S. President Harry Truman visited campus in 1957 to express his appreciation...

A legislative bill to rename Oklahoma A&M College to Oklahoma State University of...

In 1957, track standout Orlando Hazley became the first African American to letter in...

The 1957 closed circuit transmission of the OAMC vs. University of Kansas basketball...

A self-contained, water moderated nuclear reactor was installed on the OSU campus in...

Construction on the middle wing of McElroy Hall begins.

When Oklahoma A&M College changed its name to Oklahoma State University, the...

The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority was established in April of 1956 and...

After a decade of research, Herbert L. "Cyclone" Jones and Ruben D. Kelly, electrical...

By the mid-1950s, the plan laid out by President Henry Bennett had taken shape. The...

The mathematics department at Oklahoma A&M College developed and installed the...

In 1955, Dr. June Iben became the first female to graduate from the School of...

Female students were allowed to march with their male counterparts in the Aggie Band...

A second ROTC marching band was started in 1955, exclusively for Air Force ROTC...

When the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education called for formal desegregation...

Lake Carl Blackwell was deeded to Oklahoma A&M College in 1954. Its 3,000 surface...

The OAMC Aggies won their first national championship in men’s cross country running...

The decade of 1945-54 was proclaimed as the "Golden Decade of Aggie Sports," with 687...

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, emperor of Ethiopia, visited the campus on June...

Clarence H. McElroy, class of 1906 and "Grand Old Man of the Campus" retired after...

As the first president to come up through the ranks of faculty at the university,...

Earl Moeller became the NCAA individual champion in men's golf in the tournament...

A conference on electromagnetic relays was held under the direction of Charles F....

Standing tall and stately in the heart of the OSU campus, the Edmon Low Library is one...

The Classroom building opened for classes in 1952. Built at an estimated cost of $850,...

Minnie Lou Ottinger, from Hydro, became the first woman on an Oklahoma A&M College...

Dr. Oliver S. Willham took the helm January 18, 1952, as the first Oklahoma A&M ...

The first memorial service for Dr. Henry Bennett and his wife Vera was held at the U.S...

Near the end of a six-month multi-country trip abroad for the Point Four program, a...