The first Oklahoma A&M College Band was organized in 1905 by an A&M student. Its 22 members provided their own instruments, music and uniforms.
Originally, only men were allowed to play in the band. By 1936, women were in every section of the concert band but were still not allowed to march.
In 1946, a marching band for girls formed, and in 1955 the two bands were combined into one "Aggie Band."
Today's OSU band program consists of multiple bands with more than 400 participants.