Although the facilities were sparse and the equipment was often makeshift, the Tigers of Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College played for loyal fans. The scores of each game were telegraphed to the campus power plant which blew its whistle to eager counters. The rival score would be blown first in short blasts, followed by the home score. The tiger mascot was adopted from Princeton and used until 1925. The tiger's orange and black colors, which were also adopted back then, remain to this day.