The first radio broadcast from Oklahoma A&M College was heard during the noon hour on April 6, 1925 over KFRU in Bristow, later known as KVOO. Telegrams of congratulations soon poured in complimenting the sound quality of the broadcast.
A remote transmitter was installed in the campus auditorium, where the broadcasts originated. The college soon featured a weekly two and a half hour program and by the time the radio station moved to Tulsa in 1927, there were three programs a week. of that lenth.
Each program featured short talks from various faculty, interspersed with instrumental and vocal music. The broadcasts were especially popular among Oklahoma farm families. The first play-by-play football game broadcast came in the fall of 1926.
The individuals pictured in the additional photo are making different sound effects that the announcer is asking listeners to identify.