The first capital building appropriation secured by Henry G. Bennett was the funding for an infirmary.
Opened in 1930, the college's first "real" hospital was located on what was the western edge of the campus, the former site of an orchard. Now known as the "Information Building," the structure serves as offices for various campus operations.
At the time it opened, the first floor included offices, a reception area, dining rooms and two patient rooms that were later converted to X-ray and darkrooms. The second floor was designed for treatment of men students (see additional photo) and the third floor intended primarily for use by women patients.
The building's purpose was changed after a new clinic was built on campus. It became known as the "Information Building" because it housed the offices of the communications and marketing staff for the university until 2005.