Thanks to a generous $1 million-dollar gift from Floyd M. "Pete' and Helen L. "Pat" Bartlett (pictured), Gardiner Hall, the proud former women's residence hall that dates back to 1911, was completely renovated to become the Bartlett Center for the Visual Arts for the OSU Department of Art.
Dedicated on March 17, 1984, the center houses the main office, an art gallery, an auditorium, the Visual Resources Library, and classrooms/studios for art history, painting, drawing, 2D design, jewelry/metals, graphic design, and illustration.
Three large computer labs allow for all levels of digital work on both MACs and PCs.
Originally, the building was the first women's dorm on campus. Later named for Maude Gardiner, a popular pioneer instructor in home economics on campus, it was used for many different purposes over the years until the Bartlett's gift made the renovation possible.