1920 Science Hall opened

The new Science Hall dramatically expanded the scope and capabilities of the chemistry and other departments when it opened in 1920.

The official dedication was January 23, 1920. President Whitehurst and governor Robertson addressed the gathering. After dinner and several receptions, the invited guests attended a basketball game in the new gymnasium.

In 1958, the hall would become the first home of the newly created School of Communications. It underwent renovation in the 1970s and was dedicated and named for communications alum and award-winning journalist Paul Miller.