The Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College became the official name of the institution in 1893. The entire student body and faculty of the college easily assembled on the steps of the county courthouse that year for this photo.
The men wore their coats and ties, women put on their finest dresses, hats, and shawls to get their picture taken. But alas, not all were happy with the results. Coed Blanche Wise (middle of third row) spoke with her ink bottle and blotted out her face.