A new dairy building, replacing the outdated facility in the College Barn, was approved for construction in 1904 along with a greenhouse. The two-story brick and wood structure had 25 windows that provided abundant sunlight for all rooms. A wing was eventually added to expand the dairy's creamery. The facility was a popular social attraction for students, faculty, and staff in search of inexpensive dairy products, especially ice cream. A kiln for making clay pots was located just west of the greenhouse and can be seen at the far left of the photo.