When Murray Hall opened in the fall of 1934, it brought a degree of opulence to the Oklahoma A&M College. Accommodating 410 women, the building features a wide veranda-style porch on the east side. Graced with mighty columns, the porch was a popular spot for recreation and socializing. President Bennett was also able to start construction on North Murray soon after as an "addition" to the original building, which helped in financing it. The inside of Murray Hall was extensively renovated at the turn of the century and now houses the College of Arts and Sciences.