One of the Southwest's finest theater-music facilities, the Seretean Center for the Performing Arts, was formally dedicated in 1971.
Named after principal donor Martin B. "Bud" Seretean, class of 1949, the building houses a 974-seat conert hall, a 600-seat continental style theater, multifunction classrooms, rehearsal rooms and faculty offices.
It was built on the land at the former location of Williams Hall, which was also called the Library Building (demolished in 1969), since part of the building used to serve as a library in its early days. Some compared its appearance to that of a castle since it featured several spires.